St Columb's Presbytery
- Auf der Karte anzeigen
St Columb's Presbytery is a restored 18th Century stone coach house over looking the River Nore, and surrounding hills and forests, in County Kilkenny. It is set in its own grounds which include a grass tennis court and access to quiet local walks.
St Columb's Presbytery and the coach house were built around 1890 for the Roman Catholic priest of Inistioge, in County Kilkenny. The coach house was restored in 1996 without detrirment to its internal character and so still retains the feel of an old stone building.
The building contains two bedrooms, one double with an ensuite bathroom on the ground floor and one double with an extra single bed on the first floor. The first floor bedroom has access to its own shower room with a wash hand basin and toilet. The kitchen, dining and sitting area are combined and have a wood burning stove.
The grounds extend to two acres and are accessible to guests, as is the tennis court. The coach house has an elevated position and looks over the Nore river which flows through the village of Inistioge. Nearby is the recently restored gardens of Woodstock which during the 1850's were considered one of the premier gardens of Europe.
There are many local walks through the surrounding forest and along the river, and a number of easy hill walks are located within 10km of the property. The three major towns of Waterford, Wexford and Kilkenny are all within an half hour's drive and Dublin is approximately two and an half hour's drive away from St Columb's Presbytery.