Viking Triangle Waterford

The Old Market House

Voir la carte

Informations de contact

Adresse

Lower Main Street, Dungarvan, Waterford, Republic of Ireland
 +353(0)5848944
 artscentre@waterfordcoco.ie

In April 2000, the Old Market House Arts Centre was officially opened as an Arts Centre for County Waterford.

In April 2000, the Old Market House Arts Centre was officially opened as an Arts Centre for County Waterford. This beautiful building that is now home to The Old Market House Arts Centre, has a rich and varied history. A deed of 1641 refers to 'the courthouse' in this area, which may be a reference to the present building. Originally it was built as a butter market, with council chambers overhead. As this area was the town centre, the markets were held in front of the building, being known as 'Market Place'. In 1984 the building was reconstructed and housed the Dungarvan Library and Museum until 1999.