Ballywalter - Walking Guide
Visitar el sitio web
- Ver mapa
Located on the East coast of the Ards Peninsula is the village of Ballywalter.
Five miles along the coast road from Millisle is Ballywalter. A busy port in the early 17th century with a harbour, which still dominates the village giving it character and vitality. Nearby is Ballywalter Park, which surrounds a group of 18th century farm buildings including one of Ulster’s finest Victorian houses. Just south of the harbour is the Long Strand, a wide stretch of shore giving safe bathing and an ideal base for water sports. Kiddies’ play facilities are provided along with tennis courts for the more active. Inland are the ruins of Temple Finn (White Church) and to the south, Balligan Church, dating back to 1704.