St Mary's Church Leixlip
Main Street, Leixlip, Kildare, Republic of Ireland
St Mary’s Church is found in the heart of Leixlip Village, just 20 minutes west of Dublin City. The site has been a place of Christian worship for more than 800 years and the present tower dates from the 12th century.
Found just 20 minutes from Dublin City in the village of Leixlip, St Mary’s was erected on the site of an earlier church soon after the Norman invasion of 1172. The 12th-century tower, a National Monument, still stands today, exemplifying Norman architecture. The rest of the building dates from the 18th and 19th centuries.
St Mary’s is the parish church for the Church of Ireland in Leixlip.