Dan Winter’s House Ancestral Home (In the Farmyard)
- View as map
The home of the Winter family from before 1700, this listed building is an 18th century vernacular thatched farmhouse and is recognised in its listing as ‘The meeting place following the Battle of the Diamond, where the decision to form the Orange Order was made’. It was re-thatched and restored in 2000 with a large proportion of the original fabric being conserved. In the farmyard are displays of vintage farm machinery. Group visits to the Sloan’s House Orange Museum, Loughgall can be arranged. Located 240 yards from the Diamond Crossroads.