15. Mary from Dungloe International Festival, County Donegal (July/August): A more intimate, local version of Kerry's Rose of Tralee, this is small-town Ireland at its best. Friendly family fun with a few surprises.
16. Féile Brian Ború, Counties Clare and Tipperary (July): A warrior, a king and a hero – no other festival (or place) celebrates the legendary Brian Ború’s story with more passion.
17. Puck Fair, County Kerry (August): Parades, horse fairs, live music, workshops and a goat being crowned king. No, really…
18. Irish Redhead Convention, County Cork (August): From the crowning of the King and Queen of ginger to most freckles per square inch, the Redhead Convention is a fun and fiery event for redheads everywhere.
19. Lisdoonvarna Matchmaking Festival, County Clare (August): Hosted by Ireland’s ONLY remaining matchmaker and immortalised in song by Christy Moore, this is love with side-orders of craic, music, dancing and dining. Recently established LGBT offshoot, The Outing (October), is another romantic string to the festival’s bow bringing the glamour via club nights live music and some of the finest drag acts in Ireland.