Chaine Memorial Tower For EHOD 2018
Sep 08 2018 - Sep 09 2018
- View as map
The Tower stands on the western side of Larne Lough at the entrance to the harbour.
The Tower stands on the western side of Larne Lough at the entrance to the harbour and can be seen by visitors coming in by sea.
It can safely be reached from the shore by a narrow walkway. The Tower is a replica of an Irish Round Tower built in 1887 to a design by a well-known local architect. The Tower stands 27m high and 7.5m wide at base. It is constructed with squared Annalong granite,
The Tower was built in memory of James Chaine who contributed much to the development of Larne Harbour.