- View as map
Derrynoyd Forest is predominantly a broadleaved forest which was originally an estate owned by Judge Torrens in the 1700s.
This forest consists of over 100 hectares of woodland planted since 1948. In 1995 the Rural College and Derrynoyd Conference Centre opened on the site of the old estate courtyard, attracting many new visitors to the woods.
The Rural College which is situated within the forest provides a restaurant, toilets and overnight accommodation. There are waymarked walks and a picnic site adjacent to the carpark.