University of Ulster at Magee (Heritage Trail)
- Bekijk op kaart
(028) 7012 3456
This building was opened in 1865 as a training College for Ministers of the Presbyterain Church and was built thanks to a bequest of £20,000 from a Mrs Magee in 1846. The building has a Neo-Gothic facade with Scottish freestone and stands on a prominent site overlooking the River Foyle. The pinnacles of the building form part of the skyline of the city. Now a campus of the University of Ulster it has recently been expanded both with many new University buildings on site and an increase in student numbers.