Game of Thrones Studio Tour
The world's only official Game of Thrones Studio Tour in Northern Ireland will transport fans to the heart of the Seven Kingdoms.
Game of Thrones®… it’s aired in over 207 countries, broken ratings records and over eight seasons became one of the most iconic series in television history. Since the very first episode, Northern Ireland was the "Home of Thrones" – the filming location for many of the show’s most memorable moments. Now, a new chapter of the Game of Thrones® story has begun in Northern Ireland.
Game of Thrones Studio Tour invites you to explore behind the scenes of Westeros. Based at the original filming location at Linen Mill Studios in Banbridge, Northern Ireland, the unique experience features imagery, sets, original props and costumes – all the things that are guaranteed to excite both passionate fans and TV buffs alike.
Behind the scenes
The self-guided tour allows you to walk through the original sets, as well as getting up close to the famous costumes, props and set pieces. Step inside the iconic Great Hall at Winterfell where Jon Snow was proclaimed the “King in the North,” see Daenerys Targaryen’s imposing Dragonstone throne, and marvel at the intricate detail in the Hall of Faces.
You can even test your own acting skills in an interactive screen experience before moving on to discover the set design and visual effects that brought Game of Thrones® to life. You’ll find it all here, dragons' eggs, Valyrian steel and even insights into how those mythical characters were created using makeup and prosthetics.
"Home of Thrones"
Over the past decade, Northern Ireland has welcomed fans from around the globe to the “real-world Westeros” where they can explore the stunning landscapes, coastlines and mountains that have featured in the show’s most unforgettable scenes.
Now Linen Mills Studios, once a closed film set, is inviting you to stand in the very same spot where some of those scenes were filmed. It's time to step inside the Seven Kingdoms and make your own personal journey through the fantasy world that captured the imaginations of millions.
Need to know: Game of Thrones Studio Tour
- You must book tickets in advance.Tickets will be scanned on entry so make sure you have them printed out or available to be scanned on your mobile device.
- The Studio Tour is located between Dublin and Belfast and coach transfers from either city can be included in your ticket purchase.
- There is no car parking onsite so you’ll need to park in the complimentary Studio Tour Car Park nearby and then catch the shuttle bus to the tour entrance.
- A visit to the studio tour will generally take 2-3 hours but as the tour is self-guided, you can spend longer, if you prefer.
- You can buy a digital audio guide when you’re booking your ticket, which you can download once you arrive for your tour.
- If you need to refuel, there are two cafés on the premises that offer snacks and more substantial meals.