The Old Rectory - Coach House
- View as map
Coolbanagher., Emo, Portlaoise, Laois, Republic of Ireland
Mr Wilfred Deverell
T: +353 57 8646538
An 18th Century luxury coach house, set in the courtyard of The Old Rectory Farm, in County Laois. This tranquil rural setting is an ideal centre for touring, golfing, fishing, hill walking, canal boating and horse riding.
The Old Rectory holiday house rentals nestle in the beautiful heart of the Irish countryside, in the village of Emo, in County Laois. The Old Rectory was constructed in 1785, for the Hon. Rev William Dawson (son of Lord Carlow) and has been the home of the Deverell family since the 1950's. It is situated just 20 minutes from Kildare and one hour from Dublin, Kilkenny and Cashel.
The Coach House is one of the self-catering accommodations around the courtyard of The Old Rectory Farm. It has two en-suite bedrooms and a sitting room with a TV and high vaulted ceilings. The dining area is in the sun porch, overlooking the patio and barbecue, with a beautiful rural view of Coolbanagher Church in the background, designed by the famous Georgian architect, James Gandon. There is also a fully equipped separate kitchen.
All the rooms are on ground floor level. There is a wheelchair access ramp at the front door and safe parking in the courtyard. Guests have the use of the large walled in garden. The Coach House has gas central heating and WiFi access. This property is full of charm yet features all modern amenities to help you enjoy your holiday.
The Old Rectory is on the outskirts of the pretty village of Emo, which has a pub and small shop. Here can be found Emo Court, with its lake-side gardens, which are surrounded by beautiful forest walks. The Old Rectory is an ideal base for touring some of the beauty spots of Ireland and a perfect place to stay while making day trips to places such as Dublin, Kilkenny, Cashel or Limerick.