Museums and attractions

Limerick City Museum

View as map

Contact details

Address

The Old Franciscan Friary, Henry Street, Limerick City, Limerick,
T: +353(0)61557826
E: museum@limerick.ie

The Limerick Museum is housed in the Franciscan Friary, Henry Street, Limerick City, it is dedicated to the memory of Jim Kemmy, it also has a large collection to highlight the history of Limerick City and County.

Limerick Museum based in the Franciscan Friary, Henry Street. The Limerick Museum first opened its doors in 1916 at the Carnegie Building in Pery Square and relocated four times before finding its permanent home in Henry Street. The Limerick Museum holds in storage the largest local authority collection in the country.

The display in Henry Street shows only a fraction of this collection to highlight the history of Limerick City and County for thousands of years.

The museum is fully accessible to all and is free. Opening Hours: Weekdays 10am-5pm (closed for lunch 1pm-2pm).
Refer to the website for additional information.