- Bekijk op kaart
Fortified house and bawn built in 1613 by Sir John Hume and burned by the Maguires in 1641.
This fortified house and bawn are set on Tully Point and were built for Sir John Hume who occupied the house until 1641 when it was attacked and burned on Christmas Eve by Rory Maguire and the inhabitants massacred. It was not lived in again.
A visitor’s centre, located in a restored farmhouse, houses an exhibition telling local stories relating to the castle.
No unaccompanied children under the age of 16.