- View as map
Dating from the 11th century, an ancient dynastic centre, coronation and burial place.
Tullaghoge Fort was a royal power centre which came to historical prominence in the 11th Century when it was a dynastic centre and inaugural place for Cenel nEogain (later the O’Neills). It is a polygonal embanked enclosure, separated from an outer bank by a wide flat space and no outer ditch. From its hilltop position, it commands wide views of the area and is visible for miles around. The site was abandoned by 1622.
No unaccompanied children under the age of 16.