St Columb's Park
- View as map
This public park, on the Limavady Road was formerly the estate of the Hill family. A large house in the grounds was called 'Chatham' as its builder was a naval officer Lieutenant John Rea; his daughter had married Sir George Hill of 'Brookhall.' In 1845 the Hill Estate was bought by the Londonderry Corporation for use as a public park.