Allard Midland Lake Tours
- View as map
Allard Midland Lake Tours provide boat trips and wildlife tours on beautiful Lough Ennell, Co. Westmeath, Ireland (6km from Mullingar Town). Your guide is a former Marine Biologist who has a passion for local aquatic wildlife.
Allard Midland Lake tours is based on the shores of beautiful Lough Ennell, in Co. Westmeath, Ireland ( 6 km from Mullingar town centre).
Explore the bays and islands of one of Ireland's most beautiful Loughs with an expert Ecology guide in a traditional lake boat. A day of adventure and exploration for all the family.
During your trip your guide, Brendan Allard, will inform and entertain you with fascinating facts and information about this historic Lough and the Wildlife that call it home.
Brendan is a former Marine Biologist and Fisheries Scientist who has a vast knowledge and experience of working with and observing the animals our beautiful midland lakes and rivers have to offer.
Lough Ennell is a beautiful shallow limestone Irish lough, approximately 9 km long and 4 km wide. It is situated in the Irish Midlands, approximately 6 km from the town of Mullingar. Mullingar is approximately 1 hours drive from Dublin City.
It is a highly productive lake and provides an important refuge for wildfowl and supports a diverse flora. As well as a vast natural history lough Ennell also has a significant archaeological history. Many of the island that dot lough Ennell have been shown to be ancient crannogs sites ( habitations constructed on artificial islands in lakes) dating back to the 10th century.
Lake Tour Itinerary
• Meet your guide - safety briefing, life jackets provided.
• Trip on Lough Ennell ( 1, 2 and 3 hour trips available). Trips can be tailored to suit customer needs.
• Trips to surrounding islands and bays, for example Dysart island.
• Observe man made crannogs island sites.
• Binoculars provided during trip for wildlife observation.
• Refreshments provided during your trip.
• Nature walk with your tour guide ( on longer trips).
• Demonstration on catching and identifying aquatic insects.