The Navan Centre
- View as map
Visit the Navan Centre, which interprets one of Ireland's most important ancient monuments.
**The Navan Centre & Fort will be closed from Saturday 24th December to Sunday 1st January inclusive. Centre re-opens again on Monday 2nd January 2017**
The Navan Centre interprets one of Ireland’s most important ancient monuments, Navan Fort, the ancient capital and seat of the Kings of Ulster.
The Navan Centre offers visitors a unique appreciation of the history of the area through a stimulating exhibition packed full of information, artifacts and hands on activities for all the family. Enjoy the myths and legends of the Ulster Cycle in the vibrant audio visual show. Witness the Celtic Characters bring history to life in the Iron Age/Early Christian period dwelling with demonstrations of cooking, weaving, farming and much more… Finally, take a guided walk to the Navan Fort and be transported along the path of history.
For the Kids @ Navan fun and laughter everyday. (Available April - September)
The Centre offers so much for children, its perfect for any age. You can:
• Experience life as a Celt with our dressing up costumes
• 'Dig' into the past in our archeo-pit, find bones, coins etc
• Try your hand at some of our Celtic activities making shields or swords
• Complete the Navan Ecology Trail
• Touch history with our feely boxes if you dare
• Make your very own badge to take home as a gift or simply to remember your visit
• Birthday party packages for 6 -11 year olds, including themed activities and a craft workshop. Minimum 8, maximum 16 children
Exhibitions are multilingual.
**June 2014: The Navan Centre is delighted to have been awarded Family Visitor Attraction of the Year (Small) at the 2014 ni4kids Family Awards, as well as a Certificate of Excellence by Trip Advisor.