Conamara Irish Culture Experience
- View as map
Cnoc Suain, Moycullen Road, Spiddal, Galway, Republic of Ireland
Cnoc Suain, the award-winning eco/cultural hill village of thatched stone cottages, dating back to 1691, offers a unique window into Irish/Gaelic culture.
Cnoc Suain is a magical sanctuary in the Connemara wilderness – only ½ hour from Galway. This award-winning eco/cultural hill village of thatched traditional stone cottages, dating back to 1691, has been described by The Guardian as “ a place quite unlike any other, where Irish traditions are alive & kicking”.
Cnoc Suain has won international awards for its sustainable tourism endeavours, including,
• 2010 ‘Global Vision Awards’ Winner - Travel + Leisure Magazine.
• The Guardian 2010 Green Travel List.
• 2009 World Ethical Travel Award – The Observer Newspaper.
An engaging introduction to the rich culture, nature & landscape of Conamara
The presentation includes;
- Irish music, song & story. Gaelic language & poetry. Learning a céilí dance!
- Conamara’s Ancient Bogland: Landscape & Nature, stories of Bog Bodies.
- The Thatched Cottage: Customs & Traditions - Irish Soda Bread-making.
This unique Irish Cultural Immersion - with guest participation - is lively, educational, entertaining & fun. It is presented in the English language and is suited to ages: 12 to 80+ yrs. An all-weather experience of 100 minutes approx.
Pre-booking is required as numbers are limited. Entry by coach or mini-bus only.
Independent travellers: The Galway Tour Company provides a coach transfer to
Cnoc Suain, from Galway & Dublin, on designated days.
To view a short video of the Cultural Experience please go to: www.CnocSuain.com
“This is a glimpse into the lives of rural Irish people as it existed for centuries and it is fascinating. I can’t recommend it highly enough” , Dan Regan, Kansas City, US.