Patterson's Spade Mill
- View as map
751 Antrim Road, Templepatrick,
T: (028) 9443 3619
Listen to the hammers, smell the grit, feel the heat and witness the thrill of the only surviving water-driven spade mill in Ireland. Visitors can watch as red hot billets of steel are removed from the forge and fashioned into spades using the mill’s massive trip hammer.
• Discover the history and culture behind the humble spade
• Spade Mill tours and demonstrations
• Traditional tools, machinery and techniques
• Vividly captures life during the Industrial Revolution
• Handcrafted spades on sale and made to specification
Visitor facilities –
Mill: Industrial Heritage: Guided tours: Suitable for picnics: Programme of events: Access for visitors with disability: Facilities for families: Learning: Dogs welcome on leads in grounds/garden only: Available for functions.