View as map

Historic houses and castles

434 results found, Search Again

No results match your search criteria
  1. Trim Castle

    Trim, Meath

    Trim Castle is Ireland's largest Anglo Norman castle, set in the equally heritage rich Boyne Valley in Trim, County Meath. It was constructed over a thirty year period by Hugh de Lacy and his son Walter. Read more

    Visit website
  2. Strangford Castle

    Downpatrick, County Down

    Strangford Castle is a simple 16th century tower house with drop hold at roof level to defend ... Read more

  3. The Masonic Hall

    Derry-Londonderry, County Londonderry

    Visit website
  4. Drimnagh Castle

    Dublin City, Dublin

    Drimnagh Castle was, until 1954, one of the oldest continually inhabited Castles in Ireland and is an outstanding example of an old feudal stronghold. It is located in the south west of Dublin City and is can be hired for public events. Read more

  5. Moyry Castle

    Newry, County Down

    Visit website
  6. Castletown House

    Celbridge, Kildare

    Castletown House is a sumptuous Palladian-style mansion, set in Celbridge, County Kildare. It features the unique Print Room, Long Gallery and magnificent Portland stone staircase in the main hall. Read more

    Visit website
  7. Bangor & North Down Museums Tour

    Bangor, County Down

    Museums Tour - Cultra & Bangor Read more

    Visit website
  8. Swords Round Tower

    Swords, Dublin

    Swords Round Tower marks an early Christian foundation established by St Columcille and can be seen in the grounds of the Church of Ireland Church. Read more

    Visit website
  9. Nenagh Castle

    Nenagh, Tipperary

    The castle is a Medieval building and has a stone spiral stairs to the top. There are 101 steps in all to the top. Access to the tower is through a passageway within the base of the wall. Read more

  10. Killaghy Castle

    Mullinahone, Tipperary

    Killaghy Castle is a Norman castle which stands 300 yards from the village of Mullinahone. Originally, in 1206, it was a Motte and Bailey, which is still visible to the left of the castle. Read more

See more