- View as map
An enchanting garden enclosed within a demesne landscape.
Rowallane Garden is a special place for you to enjoy a great days out. It is one of the most beautiful gardens to visit in Northern Ireland and is often described as a hidden gem. A mix of formal and informal garden spaces are waiting to be explored. Journey through the garden and discover the secret worlds within our world apart.
Whatever the season there's always something new to see
Spring: Magnificent display of Rhododendrons, Azaleas, bulbs and herbaceous plants.
Summer: Stunning colour in walled garden (Hypericum, Viburnum, shrub roses);
Primulas, Meconopsis and ferns in Rock Garden Wood; wild flower meadows rich with orchids.
Autumn: Scarlet and gold tree foliage, many with berries attractive to wild birds
Winter: As other plants start to hibernate, a range of scented winter shrubs come to life.
• Garden retains natural landscape of surrounding area
• Dazzling variety of rare trees and shrubs from many parts of the world
• Spectacular azaleas and rhododendrons
• Notable natural Rock Garden Wood with Primulas, Meconopsis and shade loving plants
• Several areas managed as wildflower meadows
• Guided tours by arrangement
Visitor facilities –
Garden: Pottery: Refreshments: Guided tours: Suitable for picnics: Country walk: Programme of events: Access for visitors with disability: Facilities for families: Learning: Dogs welcome on leads in grounds/garden only.