- View as map
2 Townhall Street, Enniskillen, County Fermanagh,
T: (028) 6632 5050
William Cole’s original ‘market house’ was here as early as 1618.
William Cole’s original ‘market house’ was here as early as 1618. The present building was opened in 1901 at a cost of £13,000. William Scott from Drogheda was the architect.
The hall is designed in the Renaissance style. The general façade and most of the tower is faced with Carrickreagh dark limestone and the cornices, columns and figures are in cream Dungannon sandstone. The main doors are oak and were hand carved by the local craftsman, William Scott.
The tower is 6 stories high and is topped with a copper dome. The two figures in the tower represent the two regiments raised by the town in 1688 - the Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards and the Fusiliers.
The building currently houses Fermanagh District Council.