Thread Softly Festival of Stitch
Sep 28 2019 - Sep 29 2019
- View as map
Mountmellick Embroidery Museum, Mountmellick, Laois,
Thread Softly festival of stitch celebrates the legacy of the Quakers and Mountmellick Embroidery Lace. Thread Softly is a celebration of traditional and contemporary stitch in the home of Ireland’s only true authentic lace.
Thread Softly festival of stitch celebrates the legacy of the Quakers and Mountmellick Embroidery Lace, Ireland's only true authentic lace. It is a fusion of heritage discovery and traditional and contemporary stitch. Experience hands on masterclasses and be inspired by tours of local heritage sites.
Thread Softly is not just a festival of stitch, it’s a revival of the heritage and stories associated with lace and stitch in Ireland, the old and the new. It is the stories and the legacy of the Quakers in Ireland and the influence they had.
Celebrate these changing creative developments of traditional stitch.
You do not need to be an expert - Thread Softly is suitable for all levels and everyone will gain knowledge from the festival.
What you can expect:
• Masterclasses and demonstrations with local lace makers, traditional and contemporary.
• Guided tours with local guides of surrounding natural heritage sites which inspired the now world famous white on white
floral designs of Mountmellick.
• The stories of the Irish Quakers and their influence on Mountmellick Lace and Ireland.
• Share knowledge and expertise with your fellow stitchers.
• Make great friends in Laois and all round the world who can come back again and again.
• Take home a piece of hand stitched art.
• Take part in end of Festival exhibition.
For a list of local hotels or for more information contact Trudy or Angelina firstname.lastname@example.org