Sinclair Seamen's Presbyterian Church
- View as map
Corporation Square, Belfast, County Antrim,
Mr William Greer
T: (028) 9031 9931
Built in 1856 at a cost of £4,500 in memory of Mr John Sinclair.
Although dating from 1857, the interior of this Venetian style harbourside church was refurbished on a maritime theme and is continued as a gleaming tribute to the city's seafaring traditions by a friendly congregation. Don't miss the stained glass, the bell from HMS Hood (the First World War ship) and the lifeboat shape collection boxes. Next door is the Belfast Harbour Commissioners Office, an imposing Victorian block.
Shipyard workers, dockers and sailors at the time of Titanic would have felt at home in its ship-like interior, with its pulpit shaped as a ship’s prow flanked by navigation lights, ship’s binnacle font and the bell of HMS Hood calling worshippers to service.