Victorian People's Flower Gardens, Phoenix Park
The Victorian People's Flower Gardens in Dublin's Phoenix Park are 22 acres in size. A prime example of Victorian horticulture, they were re-opened in 1864 after originally being established in 1840.
The Victorian People's Flower Gardens are located between the Parkgate Street entrance, and the North Circular Road Gate entrance to the Phoenix Park in Dublin
They are made up of an area of nine hectares (22 acres) and were laid out and enclosed in 1864. The gardens were originally established in 1840 as the Promenade Grounds and provide an opportunity to demonstrate the beauty of Victorian horticulture.
A large ornamental lake, children's playground, picnic areas and Victorian bedding schemes are just some of the attractions.