- View as map
Curraghmore House is a magnificent home of the ninth Marquis of Waterford and his ancestors since 1170. It is located in Portlaw, County Waterford and includes formal gardens, woodlands and grazing fields.
Curraghmore House is a historic home with grounds of approximately 2,500 acres. The grounds include outstanding arboretum, shell grotto, built and personally decorated by Catherine Poer, Countess of Tyrone in 1754 and a bridge built in 1205 for King John to cross the River Clodagh.
The interior of the house contains exceptionally fine plasterwork by James Wyatt, also pictures, prints, books, works of art, furniture, porcelain, jewellery and medals. Group tours can be arranged by prior appointment and the tour takes in some of the finest neo-classical rooms in Ireland. There is a car/coach park and toilet facilities are also provided.
Curraghmore House will be open during Heritage Week.