Castlerea

Castlerea Golf Club

Veja como um mapa

Detalhes de contato

Endereço

Clonalis, Castlerea, Roscommon,
Mr Mickey Freyne
T: +353(0)949620068
F: +353(0)949620068
E: castlereagolf@oceanfree.net

Castlerea golf course is acknowledged as a fine example of a parkland 9-hole golf course. It comprises some 5,682yd and is built around a tributary of the River Suck. The water and mature broadleaf trees represent an interesting challenge for all golfers.

Castlerea golf course is acknowledged as a fine example of a parkland 9-hole golf course. It comprises some 5,682yd and is built around a tributary of the River Suck. The water and mature broadleaf trees represent an interesting challenge for all golfers.
Castlerea Golf Club was founded on 9 September 1905. The course was originally located on the Ballymoe road at Harristown. It moved to its present location at Clonalis in 1907. The land was initially leased from the O’Conor Don family. In 1985, the members purchased the freehold interest in the lands. The club house was replaced in 1990/91 when the current building was erected. The club continues to develop the course and grounds and purchased additional lands in 2007. This new development is in close proximity to the famous Clonalis House, the historic seat of the O’Conor Don family.