Historische huizen en kastelen

Ballymoney Old Church Graveyard

Bekijk op kaart

Contactgegevens

Adres

Town Hall Townhead Street, Ballymoney, County Antrim,
Mrs Helen Perry
 (028) 2766 0230
 helen.perry@causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk

The Church Tower has been the symbol of the region for many years.

The Church Tower, recently restored with the help of the Heritage Lottery Fund, has been the symbol of the region for many years and features on the Borough Coat of Arms. Surrounding it are the graves of generations of of Ballymoney families, the oldest discernable headstone belonging to the Camac family (1610). Among those buried here is George Hutchinson, a Magistrate who brought the local United Irishmen to trial during the rebellion of 1798. One of the Rebels, Alexander Gamble, was hanged at the Diamond and, 85 years later, his remains were discovered and re-interred here.
The Old Church Graveyard and Tower are now the responsibility of the Borough Council.