The City Hall was opened in 1936 and replaced the previous structure which was burned down on 11 September 1920. It is located in the heart of Cork City and now houses Cork City’s administration.
Designed by Paine Brothers in the 1830’s. It has a most imposing entrance from Washington Street.
Elizabeth Fort dates to the early seventeenth century. The fort has played a hugely important role in Cork city since then. The walls of the fort offer a fantastic view of the city below.
Woodford Bourne & Co traded in Cork city for over 250 years. The warehouse was the hub of the companies bottling, storage and distribution operations supplying four shops in Cork and one in Limerick.