Carlow Castle is situated beside the banks of trivers Barrow and Burrin near the centre of Carlow Town. It is one of the most important Anglo-Norman castles in Ireland and is open to the public on week days only.
Considered to be one of the finest courthouses in the country, Carlow Courthouse was designed by William Vitruvius Morrison in 1830 and is located in Carlow Town.
Milford Mills was founded by the Alexander family in 1790 and was totally destroyed in a fire in 1862. It has recently been refurbished and stands beside the River Barrow in County Carlow.