The White House Ballyspurge
Visita il sito web
- Visualizza come mappa
On the coast, two thirds of a mile south east of Cloughey village.
On the coast, two thirds of a mile south east of Cloughey village. This house appears to have been built about 1634 by Roland Savage, a cadet of the Ardkeen family, and is typical of the gabled house that about that time began to supplant the square peeltower. It was enclosed in a bawn of courtyard, of which little now remains but the gateway. The gables are thick and contain immense fireplaces and chimneys. Each face of the house is pierced with numerous gun loops. Access for viewing is available all year round.