Visiter le site
- Voir la carte
Informations de contact
The Glen Hotel is a one star hotel on the island of Arranmore, located off the north west coast of Donegal. It is the largest island in Donegal and is three miles from the mainland coast of Burtonport.
The Glen Hotel is a one star hotel on the island of Arranmore which is located three miles off the north west coast of Donegal. The Glen is a long established, family run hotel, located 250 yards from the ferry pier.
We offer good wholesome food in the bar and an a la carte menu in the dining room. The bedrooms are ensuite with TV and tea and coffee facilities. Special nightly rates are offered to groups. The Glen has been part of the history of Arrnamore since it was built by the landlord John Stoupe Charley in 1853. It was purchased by the Maude family in 1899.
In 1922, Jack Boyle purchased the premises and converted it into a hotel which was back in business by 1928. The hotel is still run by the Boyle family. Donegal Airport is only 20 minutes from the ferry terminal at Burtonport, making it very convenient for those traveling to the north west.
There is a large beer garden overlooking the Atlantic and set in the mature grounds. The hotel looks onto the hills of Donegal and is a haven for those wishing a tranquil setting. The hotel is ideally suited to those who enjoy hill walking, angling, bird watching, diving and photography enthusiasts and young families wishing an enjoyable seaside holiday.