Glenveagh National Park and Castle
Visiter le site
- Voir la carte
Informations de contact
Glenveagh Castle was completed in 1873, taking its inspiration from the concept of a romantic highland retreat. Situated 24 kilometres north west of Letterkenny, Glenveagh is the most northerly of the nations' six national parks.
Set in some 16,500 hectares of County Donegal mountains, lakes, glens and woods, with a large herd of red deer, Glenveagh Castle is a 19th Century, castellated mansion built between 1867 and 1873.
Surrounded by the famous Glenveagh Gardens, its construction in a remote mountain setting was inspired by the Victorian idyll of a romantic highland retreat. John Townsend Trench, a cousin of its builder and first owner, John George Adair, designed it.
Access to the castle is by guided tour only,(videos/cameras not permitted on tour). Maximum number for the 45 minute guided tour is twenty. “Glenveagh” a 35 minute audio-visual presentation, seats 90. Languages English, Irish, French, German and Italian.
Pease visit website for admission prices, facilities and all further details.