Battles and Barracks
Visiter le site
- Voir la carte
Informations de contact
The Battles & Barracks Walking Tour will take you on a journey around some of Dublin’s most fascinating sites in an area that is steeped in history.
The Battles & Barracks Walking Tour will take you on a journey around some of Dublin’s most fascinating sites in an area that is steeped in history. The tour, given by one of Dublin’s most knowledgeable tour guides, will bring you through the story of 1916 in Dublin 8. Starting from Kenny’s Pub on James’s Street you will be taken through Kilmainham and Inchicore where some of the most tragic events of the Rising unfolded. The heartwarming tour will finish in the cosy Timothy Crough’s bar.
The Battles & Barracks tour takes about 1 and a half hour and includes a film about the history of the Richmond Barracks, where the Rebels of the Rising were held before being executed at Kilmainham Gaol.
The tour, which costs €10, will take place on a regular basis with limited places.
Included in the package:
* 10% discount for Guinness Storehouse
* A free map of the area highlighting places of interest
* A pack showing pictures of the area
* A fascinating movie showing the history of Richmond Barracks
* Discount at Timothy Crough’s for a pint of Guinness and a Dublin Batch loaf sandwich of your choice.