Visiter le site
- Voir la carte
Informations de contact
Gallarus Castle was built by the FitzGeralds, and is one of the few surviving castles on the Dingle peninsula. It is a four-storey tower with a vaulted ceiling on the fourth floor.
Built in the 16th century, this castle has four storeys There is no record of its having been destroyed in war, but it most certainly was used in Cromwellian times and for garrisoning troops during the seige of Dún an Óir (1580).
Conservation works have been undertaken at the castle in recent years and the interior is fully accessible. The tower was accessed originally on the 1st floor and there was a two storey defensive structure to the front, now gone but evidence of it can be seen on the external wall.
Restricted access for visitors with disabiltiies. No car parking at site.