Taste of Bandon
Oct 26 2019 - Oct 27 2019
Visiter le site
- Voir la carte
Informations de contact
Taste Bandon’s magic at summers end; the unspoilt market town celebrates seasonal produce with all the drama of Harry Potter’s Bandon Banshee! Meet magical makers, taste spellbinding flavours and savour surprising food and art events.
A Taste of Bandon celebrates the abundance our West Cork market town is known for. Over a fun and flavour-filled weekend, share the magic and wizardry of local producers and specialist shops, in ways that will delight young families with a taste for good things, as well as seasoned foodies. Food events, competitions, and fun will run side-by-side with an arts programme celebrating our Harry Potter Bandon Banshee connection. Prepare to delight all the family!
• Join the Bandon food trail to experience the diversity of food and restaurants in our market town - from seafood to gastro-pubs and vegetarian feasts
• Eat all over town with different courses in different restaurants
• Take a food tour to enjoy tasters from various specialist artisan producers. Visit Urru, Bandon Country Market and Farmers Market, Little Red Fish Seafood, and craft butchers as you wander within Bandon’s walls
• Enjoy sampling the best of West Cork food and drink
Make it yourself
• Dive in to an award-winning seafood cookery course to learn about different fish cooking techniques and the Bandon River’s seasonal offerings
• Sign the kids up to a finger-licking children’s cookery course
• Take a river walk to learn of Bandon’s flora and fauna with an experienced fisherman to see and try fly-fishing for yourself
• Forage for the season’s berries and nuts with a guide experienced in the art!
Meet the magical makers
• award winning organic pork farmer recipe demonstration and farm tour
• craft butcher will offer tour where Hereford cattle are reared, slaughtered and cured. It will include butchery demonstrations skills and teach various cuts. Followed by lakeside BBQ.
• Sourdough demonstration
• Culinary drinks made from foraged berries
Be the Judge
• Whose barm brack is the best? Whose potatoes are the most floury? Be the judge and then see if you agree with the experts!
Get a Taste of Bandon and enjoy all the delights of the Bandon Banshee arts programme over what promises to be a magical West Cork Halloween weekend!
This event is part of Taste the Island