- Voir la carte
Informations de contact
The Castle was built for MacDonogh MacCarthy, Lord of Duhallow and was probably started at the end of the sixteenth century. It is located in Kanturk in north County Cork.
Kanturk Castle combines a number of different architectural styles, making it difficult to pinpoint a specific date for its construction. However, it was normal for a major work such as this to span several years, and the date of completion/suspension of work was probably close to 1618.
It was a tudor style mansion, four storeys high and 28 metres in length. Each tower has five storeys and rose to a height of 29 metres. It was constructed in limestone from the quarry to the north of the castle.