- Voir la carte
Informations de contact
In Irish the name would have been "Pairc" meaning field, historians believe this to be an ...
In Irish the name would have been "Pairc" meaning field, historians believe this to be an incomplete abbreviation of the original name.
Located in the gentle slopes of the Sperrins Mountain the village is set in an abundance of ancient raths, Druid standing stones and chambered graves. The River Faughan gently flows through an unspoiled tree line banks.
On the edge of the village is Learmount Wood, which hosts the 17th Century Learmount Castle and according to the wall plate was held by Beresford Family for the Skinners Company of London.
Close by the village is the "Old Crocked Bridge" a delightful old stone structure of twin arches former hunting ground of local highwaymen’s Amest the trees stands Tamnagh Lodge, a former-hunting lodge built in 1830’s designed in the style of 16th Century Italian architect Andrea Palladio.
The village retains its gentle relaxing image with a genuine welcome from the locals.