Visitar el sitio web
- Ver mapa
Clonalis, Castlerea, Roscommon,
Mrs Marguerite O'Conor Nash
Clonalis House is the ancestral home of the O' Connors of Connacht. The family are decesdants of the last High Kings of Ireland and they were the traditional Kings of Connacht.
The present day Clonalis dates back to 1878, but the expansive parkland which surrounds the house has been in the possession of the family for over 1500 years and regarded by many as a last remnant of the Kingdom of Connacht.
A late Victorian Italiante residence, Clonalis is widely regarded as one of the most historic of Ireland's great houses. The O'Connor family as Kings of Ireland and members of parliament for Roscommon, have played a pivotal role in Ireland's history, from the early warrior kings, founders of castles and abbeys to the present family, custodians of a vast array of heirlooms, artefacts and documents including the coronation stone of the Kings of Connacht and the harp of O'Carolan the Bard.