The Royal Curragh Golf Club
- View as map
The Royal Curragh Golf Club Course at The Curragh is 18 holes, par 72, is a hilly heathland type of golf course laid over 4,700 acres of sylvan parklands.
The Royal Curragh Golf Club, is Ireland’s oldest golf course, has been completely revamped and is now a challenging heathland course of 6,585yd. Detailed research has proven that golf was first played on the plains of the Curragh in County Kildare in 1852. The club was founded in 1858, making it, also, the oldest golf club in Ireland. The club has over 900 members of all categories and visitors are welcome.
There is an extensive practice area at the Curragh which includes a full 250 yard driving range for which tokens for Range Balls are available from the Pro Shop, golf nets and practice bunkers. It is the perfect place for a pre-round warm up. The Practice Putting Green which fronts the Clubhouse will enable you sharpen this important area of the game while offering panoramic views of the course.