Dartfield Country Estate and Horse Museum
- View as map
Kilrickle, Loughrea, Galway,
Mr Willie Leahy
This 19,000 square foot purpose-built centre has fascinating and informative exhibits, all dedicated to the Irish horse along with a well-stocked gift and saddlery shop and café.
Dartfield Country Estate and Horse Museum is set in 350 acres of parkland; former home to the Blakes, one of the prominent 19th century Galway tribes. Dartfield is the ideal location for you to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
* Visit the only museum in the world dedicated to the Connemara Pony and Irish Horse.
* Discover how the Connemara Pony and Irish Horse played an integral role in Ireland’s culture throughout time.
* Meet the ponies and horses.
* Dynamic interactive activities ranging from chariot riding, ploughing, jaunting cart rides and horse riding. (advanced booking required)
* Explore old farming techniques carried out in Ireland.
* Learn about the amazing world of horses, their biology, Irish folklore & their contribution to Irish society throughout history.
* Relax in the Dartfield Tea Room and browse through the Dartfield Tack and Gift Shop.
With its relaxed countryside setting and warm welcome, this is a unique experience and has a lot to offer every visitor, not only the horse lover.
Dartfield Country Estate offers a range of activities** from which to challenge yourself.
* Enjoy Horse Riding Lessons & Trekking for all level.
* Challenge yourself on our 4x4 Off Road Course
* Practice your aim at Archery
* Try your hand at Clay Pigeon Shooting
**Advanced booking required