Patterson's Spade Mill
- View as map
Tha last surviving waterpower handforce spade mill in the British Isles.
Listen to the hammers, smell the grit, feel the heat and witness the thrill of the only surviving water-driven spade mill in Ireland. Visitors can watch as red hot billets of steel are removed from the forge and fashioned into spades using the mill’s massive trip hammer.
• Discover the history and culture behind the humble spade
• Spade Mill tours and demonstrations
• Traditional tools, machinery and techniques
• Vividly captures life during the Industrial Revolution
• Handcrafted spades on sale and made to specification
• Industrial Heritage
• Guided tours
• Suitable for picnics
• Programme of events
• Access for visitors with disability
• Facilities for families
• Dogs welcome on leads in grounds/garden only
• Available for functions.