- View as map
Experience the northern headlands of Donegal’s Wild Atlantic Way with local driver/guides who are passionate about the history and heritage of Donegal and its environs, providing a professional, personalised tour and travel service to small groups.
Situated in Donegal at the point where the Wild Atlantic Way meets the Causeway Coast, an area full of hidden coves and back roads, of country paths and mountain views, all encompassed by the spectacular backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. From Ireland's most northerly point, Malin Head, to the tallest sea cliffs in Europe at Sliabh Liag, or on to the UNESCO World Heritage site at the Giant's Causeway, explorenorth are your local travel experts.
Specialising in providing day tours and travel services to individuals and small groups (max. 8 passengers), explorenorth offer a relaxed and authentic service using local knowledgeable guides (CERT/ Fáilte Ireland Accredited) and comfortable executive vehicles.
Operating small vehicles for a personalised tour experience, visitors can book individually, as a couple, or small group and join fellow travellers on a local day or half-day tour. Sample day tour destinations are:
• Inishowen 100
• Glenveagh National Park & Sliabh Liag
• Giant’s Causeway
• Derry City
• Special Interest – Walking, Literature, History
Depending on the tour and duration, prior arrangements can be made to pick guests up from their accommodation provider in Inishowen, Derry, or Letterkenny before embarking on their day tour.
• Extended Tours – From Malin Head to Mizen Head, explorenorth can accompany you on an epic road trip along all or part of the 2,500 kilometres of the Wild Atlantic Way. As an experienced Driver/Guide around Ireland, Sean Crumlish, the owner of explorenorth will happily provide advice and assistance for any extended tours along the western seaboard or throughout Ireland
• Golf Tours & Transfers - The north coast of Ireland is home to some of the very best golf in the world with stunning links courses, spectacular scenery, and a very warm welcome. This summer has seen Portstewart host the 2017 Irish Open with our own Ballyliffin in the Inishowen Peninsula enjoying the accolade of hosting the Irish Open in 2018. The run will be extended with the 148th British Open, one of Golf’s four majors, being played in Royal Portrush in 2019. A golfers’ paradise no doubt and explorenorth are centrally located to offer golfers a premium transport service between any of these top courses.
• Executive Travel - Airport Transfers, Weddings, Events, Day Trips, Corporate Work.
For any bespoke tour or travel services, please contact Sean at explorenorth for further information.
Tour duration 4/4.5hrs for half day or 8/10hrs for full day.