Historische Häuser und Burgen

Mahee Castle

Auf der Karte anzeigen

Kontaktinformationen

Adresse

Mahee Island, Comber, County Down,
 (028) 9082 3207
 scmenquiries@communities-ni.gov.uk

This ruined Tower House commands a position at the north end of Mahee Island in Strangford Lough.

This ruined Tower House commands a position at the north end of Mahee Island in Strangford Lough. The house was built in 1570 by an English soldier called Captain Browne. Today, it is badly ruined but still of considerable interest. Visitors should park at Nendrum Monastic Site and walk back to the Castle. No admission charge