Cathedral Of St Mary & St Anne
- Auf der Karte anzeigen
The Cathedral of St Mary & St Anne, known locally as the North Cathedral, is located in the heart of historic Cork City. The house of worship celebrated its dedication in 1808, though the site’s first church was constructed in the 1730s.
In the historic heart of Cork City, visitors will find the Cathedral of St Mary & St Anne, which is the mother church of the dioceses of Cork and Ross. It is located on the site of a former church built in the 1730s.
Dedicated in 1808, the 200-year-old house of worship has an early neo-Gothic revivalist style and was constructed primarily from sandstone. Much of the cathedral was destroyed in a fire in 1820 and subsequently rebuilt under the direction of George R. Pain.
Guided tours are available on request.