Sehenswürdigkeiten / kulturelles Erbe

O'Connell Bridge

Auf der Karte anzeigen

Kontaktinformationen

Adresse


At the very hub of the city of Dublin, O'Connell Bridge, formerly Carlisle Bridge, was built in 1790 as one of the links in the Wide Streets Commissioners' plan to connect north and south with a great axial route.

At the very hub of the city of Dublin, O'Connell Bridge, formerly Carlisle Bridge, was built in 1790 as one of the links in the Wide Streets Commissioners' plan to connect north and south with a great axial route. The plan was completed when Westmoreland Street was driven through to College Green a few years later. In 1880 the bridge was widened and is now famous for being about as broad as it is long.