Winterfell Castle – Game of Thrones Tours & Events
- Auf der Karte anzeigen
Game of Thrones Winterfell Tours
Old Castle Ward Demesne, Strangford, County Down,
Mr Andrew Porter
(028) 4372 3933
Experience the real Westeros with a visit to the Winterfell Castle movie set at Castle Ward
Experience the real Westeros with a visit to the Winterfell Castle movie set at Castle Ward, a beautiful 1,000 acre sprawling demesne used for filming the epic adaption of George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones® novels.
Option 1 – Winterfell Castle (Starts/Finishes at Castle Ward)
Experience the real Westeros with a visit to the Winterfell Castle movie set at Castle Ward, a beautiful 1,000 acre sprawling demesne used for filming the epic adaption of George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones® novels.
Your tour guide will show you around Castle Ward Castle & Demesne sharing fascinating stories about how the film sets were created on-site.
• Winterfell Castle courtyard (Includes Winterfell Archery Range Movie Set Experience)
• King Robert's Arrival to Winterfell Castle
• Visiting other filming locations along ‘Robb's Trail’ (choose from ‘gentle guided cycle along smooth shoreline trail’ OR ‘mini coach transfer + short walk’ to visit these locations) including: Robb’s Camp, The Twins, Tree Branch where Brienne confronts the Stark men.
• Meet the direwolves from the actual show (cost dependent on date)
•Hold & fly a falcon bird from Walder Frey's Castle (cost dependent on date)
• Meet an actor from the show (cost dependent on date)
Tour lasts approx. 2.5 hours and includes tour guide, bike hire & 'Stark Sacks' and complimentary bottle of exclusive 'Craft Beer' per person.
Option 2 - Beyond Winterfell 'ADD ON' – (Starts/Finishes at Castle Ward)
This tour includes everything in standard Option 1 plus experience further corners of Westeros close by Castle Ward Castle & Demesne – Your Game of Thrones tour continues with a scenic drive in one of our new luxury 'NED' Range Rovers through the dramatic County Down countryside.
• Hoster Tully’s Funeral on River Trident (roadside)
• The deep crater in Haunted Forest where the Night's Watch men meet the dreaded White Walkers - "I Saw what I Saw....I Saw the White Walkers" (Will) / (gentle downhill guided cycle tour along forest trail, or walk/trek)
• Finding direwolf pups in Wolfswood (gentle downhill guided cycle tour along forest trail, or walk/trek)
• The riverside tree where Tyrion and Jon Snow rested whilst travelling North from Winterfell Castle to 'The Wall' – "A Mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone" (Tyrion Lannister)
• Robb becomes ‘King in the North’ in the Riverlands (roadside)
Tour lasts approx. 6.5 hours and includes tour guide, bicycle hire at 2 separate venues & 'Stark Sacks', private vehicle transfers and complimentary bottle of exclusive 'Craft Beer' per person.
You might also like:
Game of Thrones Boat Tour http://www.gameofthrones-winterfelltours.com/locationsboattour
Medieval Banquets at Winterfell Castle http://www.gameofthrones-winterfelltours.com/medievalbanquetireland
This activity is independently operated by Clearsky Adventure Centre. It is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with HBO or anyone associated with ‘Game of Thrones’.