المنازل والقلاع التاريخية

Narrow Water Keep, Warrenpoint

العرض كخريطة

تفاصيل الاتصال

العنوان

Newry Road, Warrenpoint, County Down,
الهاتف: (028) 9082 3207
البريد الإلكتروني: scmenquiries@communities-ni.gov.uk

Excellent example of a tower-house and bawn built around 1568.

Excellent example of a tower-house and bawn built about 1568 at a point where the Newry River meets Carlingford Lough, a strategic spot.

There has been a keep on this site since 1212. It was originally built by Hugh de Lacy, first Earl of Ulster, to prevent attacks on Newry via the river, as part of the area's Norman fortifications. The original was destroyed in the 1641 Rebellion.

(Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult).