المنازل والقلاع التاريخية

Kilclief Castle

العرض كخريطة

تفاصيل الاتصال

العنوان

Shore Road, Strangford, County Down,
الهاتف: (028) 9082 3207
البريد الإلكتروني: scmenquiries@communities-ni.gov.uk

Kilclief Castle was built between 1413 and 1441, reputedly by John Sely, bishop of Down.

Kilclief Castle was built between 1413 and 1441, reputedly by John Sely, bishop of Down. This makes it the earliest datable tower-house in County Down and is often used to date other tower-houses in the County.

Features include a machicolation arch, projecting towers and spiral staircases. These unusual features may have been a blueprint for those at Ardglass, Strangford and various other sites.

The site is not suitable for disabled access.

No unaccompanied children under the age of 16.