Saint Patrick's Cathedral (Roman Catholic)
زيارة موقع الويب
- العرض كخريطة
Cathedral Road, Armagh, County Armagh,
Ms Claire Corr
الهاتف: (028) 3752 2813
البريد الإلكتروني: firstname.lastname@example.org
Building started in 1840 but work was suspended during the famine.
This twin-spired, imposing cathedral, on an elevated site, was started in 1840, but work was suspended during the Irish Famine of 1845-48. Work recommenced in 1854 when J J McCarthy was appointed architect. It was dedicated for worship in 1873 but the magnificent interior decoration was not completed until early in the 20th century. The cathedral was finally consecrated in 1904.
Admission free, donations welcome
Tours £2 per person; pre-booking is essential for groups.